What you get to do every day:
* Lead the evolution the runtime architecture of the core product at Zendesk
* Improve the frameworks and tools that every developer on the Support product uses every day.
* Work with fellow developers as your main customers, identifying and fixing issues in development workflow, guiding them through changes in frameworks and tooling.
* Document, evangelize and communicate best practices in all our frameworks and tools.
* Influence good architectural decisions in product teams, with a view to sustainability, technical debt, and performance.
* Proactively seeking out and help to minimize pain points within the infrastructure and code base of Zendesk Support application.
What you bring to the role:
* At least two years of experience in software development, preferably in a SaaS environment.
* An understanding of or experience with modern devops tooling - Docker and Kubernetes - as well as good old bash scripting, is very nice to have.
* Sound understanding of web application development and agile development practices.
* A holistic approach to development and testing, including TDD where appropriate.
* Great communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Strong verifiable contributions to open source software would be nice to have.
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth.
More than 100,000 paid customer accounts in over 150 countries and territories use Zendesk products. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America.
Interested in knowing what we do in the community? Check out the Zendesk Neighbor Foundation to learn more about how we engage with, and provide support to, our local communities.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we're proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Zendesk is a company developing a customer support ticketing system and service software.