Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment. The services we create for our users have deep, lasting effects on their lives. For many of our partnered and affiliate broadcasters, streaming on Twitch is a career, and our Subscriptions systems are central to making this possible.
We're operating at a massive scale and you'll have the opportunity to experiment, build, and scale solutions that are unique and best-in-class.
As a senior member of the engineering team, you will have the opportunity to design, build and scale solutions that affect millions of users and broadcasters.
You will provide technical leadership, architectural guidance, and mentorship to your team and work closely with other cross-functional teams to design and implement the next generation of Subscriptions offerings, and be a key driver of the team's technical and operational excellence.
* Work with engineering managers, product managers, technical leads and other engineers to design, develop, and deliver subscription services that positively impact our broadcasters
* Collaborate within and outside of the team to clarify product requirements and align on technical vision and execution
* Architect key components of our next generation of subscription offering; and play a key role in design and code reviews
* Be a multiplier of the team's impact, velocity, and technical excellence by improving engineering processes and tools
* Mentor and cultivate junior engineers
* A track record of architecting, building and scaling complex systems that are highly impactful - through a mix of experimentation, core execution, and infrastructure efforts.
* High fluency in data structures, algorithms, data modeling and schema design
* Outstanding coding skills in one or more of the following language: Go, Ruby, Python, Java, C++
* 5+ years as a software engineer; 2+ years in a technical lead capacity
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to create alignment via influence
* Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or prior relevant engineering experiences
* Familiar with AWS or other cloud-based ecosystem
* Previous experience in commerce or payments domain
* Experience with Machine Learning, predictive analytics, data mining
* Twitch user, broadcaster, or partner or experience in the gaming industry
* Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
* Maternity & Parental Leave
* Flexible PTO
* Commuter Benefits
* Amazon Employee Discount
* Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
* Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
* Free Snacks & Beverages
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We're always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Twitch is a company that develops a social video platform and community for gamers, video game culture, and the creative arts.