SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER (STARLINK)
SpaceX is looking for a software engineer to build software used to design, develop, launch, and operate a low latency, high capacity satellite broadband network. You will engage with other SpaceX engineers to discover the needs of the mission and write highly reliable software which turns the mission into reality. You will be responsible for the complete lifecycle of the software you create, including development, testing, and support.
The success of SpaceX's satellite internet business depends on the quality of the software that you and your team produce. That includes reliability, fault tolerance, throughput, security, and user experience.
You are the engineer that other engineers can count on; you are technical, you attack every problem with enthusiasm; you remove hurdles. You are a self-starter, team player, have the hunger to venture into unknown areas and code and make the system work.
* Develop highly reliable and available software systems for our low latency, high capacity, satellite-based global software defined network.
* Design and implement highly available, fault-tolerant network that operates for long periods of time with minimal maintenance at scale.
* Participate in architecture, design, and code reviews.
* Develop prototypes to prove out key design concepts and quantify technical constraints.
* Write high quality Linux and microcontroller based software for common processors (ARM, x86, etc.).
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, math, or science discipline and 4+ years of experience in software development OR 6+ years of experience in software development
* 2+ years of experience in C++
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Developed, debugged and deployed software that has been used in real world applications/projects.
* Experience with networking protocols (UDP, TCP, etc).
* Experience with security issues associated with distributed systems and internet services.
* Solid fundamental knowledge of networks, electronics, math, and physics.
* Strong skills in debugging, performance optimization, and unit testing.
* Creative approach to problem solving, exceptional analytical skills and engineering fundamentals.
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
* Must be able to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
* To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
SpaceX is an aerospace manufacturer and space transport services company.