That's a cool job - I want it
Ready to shake things up? Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we're committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most meaningfully to each other's success.
The Senior Software Engineer for Splunk@Splunk will play a crucial role in developing bleeding-edge methods for getting data into Splunk as the company grows and scales. This team builds applications implementing Splunk that showcase the product's capabilities for our users. But more importantly, we deploy Splunk within Splunk to solve real business problems. Ultimately, that helps Splunk shape our product roadmap and internal user adoption of Splunk.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will bring a wealth of software development knowledge to help the team accomplish its mission. The Splunk@Splunk team is tackling many of the same challenges faced by our customers. As such, the solutions you help build on this team will become the same solutions that our customers use! How awesome is that?
In this role you will possess excellent communication skills, a strong technical understanding of the current products, be able to coach other team members, and explain complex technical topics to both internal audiences and customers.
In addition, you will work with many teams throughout the company, as well as external vendors, and open source communities. You will develop new methodologies related to Splunk integrations, work with internal partners to streamline data on-boarding processes, and work within the team to develop a CI/CD pipeline for data collection services.
* Develop new integrations for getting data into Splunk (e.g. from APIs)
* Review and improve existing Splunk integrations, search commands, and technology addons
* Contribute to the development of a CI/CD pipeline for data on-boarding services within Splunk
* Work with Cloud and the Products Organization to introduce new features and functionality into internal Splunk environments
* Collaborate with vendors to improve existing Splunk integrations for the benefit of both Splunk and its customers
* Demonstrate and articulate Splunk@Splunk innovations to customers, either onsite or remotely, and at field marketing events such as conferences and trade shows
* Assist in the creation of self-healing and auto-scaling data collection services
* Ability to learn new technologies underpinning the latest industry trends is critical.
* You will be a self-starter who is motivated by an intense desire to learn, grow, teach & solve business problems using Splunk and your expertise in software development.
* Have a working knowledge of multiple products in the Splunk portfolio.
* Proven track record of innovating solutions to complex technical problems.
* Demonstrable ability to coach and mentor team members with different skill sets.
* Highly proficient in SDLC, OOD, and one or more programming languages (Python, C#, PHP, Java).
* Proficient in one or more database technologies (MySQL, Oracle SQL, Amazon Redshift, etc.).
* Conscious of security requirements and change control processes
* Possesses strong presentation skills and communicate clearly and professionally at various levels both inside and outside the company.
* Working knowledge of open source and Big Data tools, trends, methodologies, and best practices.
* Experience with DevOps tools (Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, GitLab, Puppet, Ansible, etc.) a plus.
* Expert-level Splunk knowledge or a strong desire to learn Splunk Enterprise required.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.