Want to join a company on the cutting edge of technology and travel? Want to be part of a fantastic and fun company that's revolutionizing the online travel advertising space?
Specializing in traveler path-to-purchase data for over a decade, Sojern is travel's direct demand engine for thousands of brands -- from global enterprises to boutique operators -- across the hotel, airline, cruise, transportation, tourism industries, and more. Analyzing the world's travel intent signals with its proprietary data science methods, the company delivered $10B in generated bookings for its clients to date by activating multi-channel branding and performance solutions on the Sojern Traveler Platform.
Recognized on the Top Company Cultures list by Entrepreneur Magazine, Sojern is headquartered in San Francisco, with teams based in Dubai, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Mexico City, New York, Omaha, Paris, Singapore, and Sydney.
Join the platform engineering team and help make impact on Sojern's bottom line. Each engineer in the team owns highly visible revenue producing features of our Sojern Travel Platform. You will be responsible for taking new features from inception to execution in partnership with Product, Data Science, SRE and Ops teams. We are looking for engineers who are quick learners and are not afraid of multiple deployments in a day (except for Friday!)
What you bring to the table:
* 5+ years of software engineering experience
* Production experience in one of: Go, Python, Java.
* Excellent grasp of CS fundamentals - data structures and algorithms.
* BS/MS/PhD in CS/EE or equivalent experience.
* Experience with Distributed Systems.
* Experience with highly parallel processes.
* Experience with Google Cloud Platform or Amazon Web Services infrastructure (EC2, S3).
* Big Data experience: BigQuery, BigTable, Hadoop, HBase
* Infrastructure Tools - Docker, Kubernetes (GKE), Jenkins
* AdTech experience - OpenBidder/RTB
* Opportunities: Be part of a growing team with training and support to help you grow
* Ownership: Lead creative and challenging projects
* Give Back: We give 40 hours a year to volunteer and organize office volunteer programs with local organizations
* Culture: Strong core business values, focus on teamwork, vibrant, social and fun environment
* Snacks: Variety of snacks in the office
* Meals: Monthly catered lunches & happy hours
* Wealth: Stock options
* Time Off: Flexible vacation days
At Sojern, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
With 350 million traveler profiles and a powerful platform, we help you put more heads in beds, travelers in seats, and tourists in towns.