The Bethesda.net team is seeking a Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to help build our infrastructure as code systems. Working on the platform's technical foundations, you will help improve performance and stability. You will be expected to work with our product teams to guide service development, balancing the reliability of the platform and the productivity of our teams.
Given the choice between fast and perfect, you seek the proper balance. Your experience brings an understanding of how past and present choices affect the long-term potential of systems and teams. When you see repetitive work or manual processes, you actively seek to replace these with systems that reduce toil and risk.
* Develop infrastructure as code systems for creation, scaling, monitoring, and maintenance of live cloud infrastructure
* Review new and existing services for performance, reliability, and sustainable coding practices
* Write clean, maintainable code, that is suitable for continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD), following best practices and software guidelines
* Design, engineer, and maintain common code libraries that can be used by engineers to leverage the platform in a consistent manner
* Work closely with engineers throughout the development process to ensure standards for infrastructure and managed services are understood and implemented correctly
* Understand diverse languages and technologies - Python, Go, Nginx, Redis, MySQL, AWS technologies, etc.
* Investigate, assess, and make recommendations for new technologies
* Work with tech leads and other engineering leaders to build resource utilization estimates
* Support systems in a 24x7 environment including troubleshooting, hot fixing, and root cause analysis
* Act as an agent of change and improvement by observing live systems and providing recommendations for continuous improvement for all areas of development
* Act as the subject matter expert on AWS cloud infrastructure and managed services
* Identify and implement automation for repeated and time-consuming tasks
* Participate in on-call rotation with the rest of the engineering team to provide escalated support for Tier 1 & 2
* Perform under minimal supervision on significantly complex assignments
* Other duties as assigned
* 4 years of experience as a software engineer
* You should possess a strong technical background and a good grasp of software engineering principles, exceptional problem solving, design, programming, and testing skills
* Experience developing and designing software solutions in an online environment
* Experience operating and deploying large scale and complex systems in a cloud environment
* Experience with configuration management systems
* Experience with engineering automated build/deploy systems which include continuous integration as well as infrastructure as code
* Understand and have implemented Docker and other container based systems
* Able to troubleshoot complex systems in a live environment quickly and effectively
ZeniMax is a media company connecting game developers, artists, designers, programmers, and talents to create entertainment content.