Location: Irving, TX
The Connected Vehicle Services division of SiriusXM builds and delivers software-based services on our connected car platform. The software we develop not only adds convenience to the daily life of our subscribers, but safety and security as well; when the worst happens, our software helps to save lives.
We are in the early days of driving off the monolithic server beasts in favor of high-quality, at-scale microservices in a cloud environment. Working on our team will give you the opportunity to craft software in an agile, team-focused environment while learning and exercising a multitude of skills. We focus on keeping developers happy and productive; fostering a positive atmosphere to help you make the right decisions and to learn and grow both professionally and personally.
We are looking for a motivated and passionate software craftsperson to help us create, extend, and maintain the core of our connected car software platform as we expand past our current offerings in services related to safety, security and convenience in order to take our business to the next level.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Adhere to rules established to enforce test-driven/behavior-drive development, maintaining wiki pages, code style, and code group/peer review.
* Work under the supervision of a more senior engineer, completing tasks with the expected degree of quality in a timely fashion.
* Analyze requirements and technical specifications, and implement assigned development tasks using various web technologies.
* Develop, maintain, and debug cloud based micro-service APIs.
* Maintain and extend existing on-premise software systems.
* Dig in and troubleshoot pre and post production issues.
* Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, information systems, or other technically related field or equivalent, relevant experience.
* 5+ years of experience in a development position
* Strong technical knowledge building mission critical/highly available service-oriented software.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
* Acts with professionalism both in person and when working on the phone with partners.
* Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and work under shifting deadlines with potentially ambiguous or nebulous requirements in a fast-paced environment
* Excellent problem-solving skills.
* Willingness to learn new technologies, often very quickly.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Experience working in an agile software development organization; Scrum and/or Kanban.
* Strong technical knowledge building mission critical/highly available service using current generation toolkits such as Spring, Dropwizard, RESTEasy, or Node.JS:
* Developing and designing web services through APIs using REST, HTTP, JSON/JSONP, etc,
* Fluency in Java 7, basic understanding of Java 8,
* Strong understanding the principles of service-oriented software and large scale distributed systems,
* Working knowledge of reactive programing,
* Working knowledge of SQL-based or NoSQL databases using JDBC, JPA or similar frameworks.
* Basic technical knowledge of cloud-based systems; covering infrastructure, platform and software as services.
* Code craftsmanship; rigor in high code quality, automated testing (JUnit, Mockito, Cucumber), and agile engineering best practices.
* Knowledge of modern software patterns and anti-patterns.
* Able to work within a Git/Gitflow-based multi-branched software environment.
* Preferred experience with Java development tooling: Maven and/or Gradle.
* Used continuous integration environments like TeamCity, Jenkins, Hudson.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
About Sirius XM
Sirius XM Holdings is a radio broadcaster.