We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people's lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We're building the world's most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
* Sensor fusion as new technology is available
* Maintain and improve existing tracking code
* Develop novel algorithms for lidar, radar and visual tracking
* Develop novel segmentation algorithms utilizing 3D point cloud data from LIDAR for object detection/recognition and scene understanding
* Work with machine learned and geometric systems
* Develop novel algorithms to detect and identify objects in the radar returns
* Work with machine learned and temporal systems
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
* MS/PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, EE or similar field
* A minimum of 4 years working experience as a Software Engineer writing production C++ code
* Prior experience in any of probabilistic filtering, SLAM/Pose Estimation, optimization or machine learning
* Ability to write clean, fast, reliable and highly scalable C++ code
* Working experience in an environment that develops a complex multithreaded product
* Strong organizational and communication skills
* Experience working with point clouds
* Object-oriented analysis and design skills
* Improve and deliver reliable software through continuous integration, automated testing and code reviews
* Unit test everything, but know when to ask our stellar infrastructure team for scripts/tools
* Excellent knowledge of linear algebra, matrix operations, and non-linear optimization
* 5+ years industry experience working with Lidar, Kinect, or Point Cloud space
* Experience with Linux
* Background in sensor fusion
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
* The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
* Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
* Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
* Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family's fleet
* Health and Wellness reimbursement
* Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
* State of the art equipment for your work station
* Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Cruise Automation is a self-driving car company that develops an autopilot system for existing cars.