Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as The Internet of Things and AR/VR. We're changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
Whether you're watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending your snaps on Snapchat, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today's forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We're changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
What We Do
The Mapbox security team takes an engineering-driven approach to security and privacy challenges. We build solutions to keep our employees and millions of users safe from real world threats. We empower the company to move fast in a highly competitive market with a risk informed approach to security through automation. We are growing rapidly and looking for experienced security and software engineers to join our team.
What You'll Do
* Work cross function to architect and build innovative security and privacy solutions
* Design core software components to secure against threats
* Code using primarily NodeJS and Python
* Conduct regular security assessments along with design and code reviews
* Interact directly with security researchers through our public bug bounty program to remediate vulnerabilities and threats
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
* 5+ years of experience in product or infrastructure security related software engineering roles
* Passion for security and innovation
* Prioritize frictionless risk reduction and speed above everything else
* Deep expertise working with one of the major cloud services: AWS, GCP, Azure
* Thinks software engineering first approach to security problems with advanced programming experience with scripting languages (Node.js, Python, Ruby, etc.)
* Strives for secure-by-default and customer-centric approaches
* Personal drive for growth both as an engineer and security expert
* Clear and persuasive communication of complex and critical information to a broad audience with commitment to foster cross-team engineering relationships
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
* We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
* We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
* We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
* We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have received the Mapbox Non-US Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Mapbox to process your application.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Mapbox is a provider of a mapping platform for designers and developers.