Contribute to a safer, secure and more sustainable World!
At UL, we know why we come to work. Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with one common purpose - to make the world a safer, more secure, and more sustainable place to live. We clear the way for our customers to introduce the latest products, technological advances, and systems in an increasingly complex world so they can provide peace of mind to the market. Our integrity is woven throughout our company and shapes the way we approach and deliver our solutions. We are proud that the work we do every day has a meaningful contribution to society. We continue to build upon our legacy of trusted expertise and partnership to keep our communities safe and secure as we march forward into the future. This helps us to sleep better at night, and we are confident that the millions of people we touch rest easier too.
Emergo by UL is a leading regulatory consulting firm specializing in global medical device and IVD compliance. Our comprehensive solution is designed to help you achieve and maintain regulatory and commercial success. With a presence on six continents, we can provide real-time service and on-the-ground expertise.
We are on a mission to build a next generation Cloud delivered (SaaS) Digital platform for Life and Health Sciences that will significantly transform the Regulatory Affairs Management space within MedTech helping customers bring and keep new medical devices in market and drive global expansion. We do that by applying our expertise, data and regulatory intelligence to the development of a world class Emergo Digital Platform that uses Machine learning and AI to enhance the overall customer value and experience.
The Senior Software engineer is a technical leader whose responsibilities writing code, drive reviews, post technical analysis and clearly articulating ideas and solutions in design and work flows.
* Technical solution design experience
* Problem solving with strategic and tactical approach
* Strong inclination to automation and software driven engineering
* Agile software development & constant lift in engineering throughput and productivity
* Strong technical knowledge and experience in cloud software systems design with significant experience in latest distributed computing constructs.
* Absolute technical depth writing software for resilient, durable and highly reliable products with reasonable perspective of security, web and internet standards
* Strong decision maker and driving at the component level
* Effective verbal and written communication skills and methods; with multiple levels of internal stakeholders
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively across teams, functional groups and divisions
* Interact with senior technical and functional leaders to lead change though technical processes and technology direction
* Deliver high volume and high transaction systems for critical business systems
* Leads project teams to define specifications for complex software programming applications and modifies existing applications.
* Supports business leadership in the analysis of software and hardware system needs, options, risks, costs and impact on business processes and goals.
* Improves systems performance by investigating problems, developing specifications, identifying trends in technology, and recommending solutions.
* Performs other duties as directed.
* 10+ years in the software engineering profession with demonstrated success designing and building high-quality, commercial software and SaaS applications
* 5+ years Java/J2EE software development experience with Spring framework
* Hands-on experience with APIs, Micro services and Service Oriented Architecture
* Experience working with Cloud services platforms such as Azure or AWS
* Experience with PL/SQL and RDBMS (MSSQL or Oracle)
* Solid understanding of Agile methodologies and DevOps concepts
* Experience with CI/CD systems such as Jenkins
* Experience developing REST web services
* Demonstrated success in building design patterns and software engineering best practice
* Experience with JS Frameworks such as NodeJS, AngularJS or VueJS
* Experience with Messaging frameworks (ActiveMQ or RabbitMQ)
Preferred Experience & Education:
* Relevant Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred
* Experience with Elastic infrastructure solutions and deployment (Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Mesos)
* Solid Exposure to distributed technologies (Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, ElasticSearch)
* Good understanding of NoSQL and its data modeling
* Experience in the medical technologies or health care industry is a plus