Kapow, now a Cvent company, is an industry-leading event platform that allows companies to find, book and manage memorable, scalable and essential corporate events. We help companies grow revenue quickly by combining 10,000+ unique, pre-packaged experiences, national partnerships with restaurants, retailers and other special event venues, and the service and expertise of local event experts. Kapow empowers customers to drive stakeholder collaboration, boost attendance, fill pipeline, measure success and produce bottom-line results from their event programs.
Headquartered in Chicago, we operate all over the U. S. and in select international markets.
Here's where you come in. We're looking for motivated, energetic and flexible team players that want to be part of something big. If you're a self-starter looking to carve out a niche at an early-stage, high-growth company, Kapow is the place for you.
WHAT WE OFFER
A culture of ownership-both in attitude and equity, a fun workspace with a built-in bar, a prime Chicago location on the river at Wacker & Wells (just steps from the CTA and Metra), weekly team lunches (and we take snack requests), the latest engineering tech, first-class health care, fun off-site adventures, and the best damn team out there-changing corporate events forever.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
* Developing features for the Kapow platform using Ruby/Rails, Git and MySQL
* Building API's
* Using source version control tools
* Doing cloud based deployments
* Working in 2-week sprints and you'll be participating in all Scrum activities
* Designing and architecting software features
* Enjoying one of the top-rated office spaces in Chicago!
* 5+ years of relevant software engineering experience on an app framework like Rails, Spring, Django.
* Comfortable developing API's (GraphQL, RESTful, JSON)
* Familiarity with third party API integrations
* Experience working in cloud environment like AWS (EC2, S3, Elasticsearch, ElasticBeanStalk, CloudFormation)
* Proficient with SQL and databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL.
* Fluent in Unit Testing (RSpec, Cucumber, or equivalent in your favorite language)
* Experience with continuous integration environments and deployment tools (Jenkins, Travis CI)
* Scaling applications and platforms to larger scale with server/application performance optimization
* Best practices around system security and encryption schemes
* Programming structures (multi-thread, single thread)
* Fluency in Agile principles and core manifesto thinking.
* Prior experience working with ALM (Application Lifecycle Management) tools such as JIRA, Rally (CA Agile Central), VersionOne, TFS
* You are a problem solver and an executor who can thrive in an agile environment
NICE TO HAVE:
* Experience developing microservices
* Experience with e-commerce transactions and related security
* Experience with A|B and Multivariate testing methodologies and techniques
* Experience developing and improving e-commerce platforms
* Application architecture principles (Kruchten 4+1, UML, TOGAF ADM, C4, DDD, XP, Continuous Design)
* Experience with distributed systems architecture
At Lanyon we believe business is better when people get together. We are a leading provider of software solutions for meetings, events & travel programs.