Want to help explore and build new ways to deliver content to students?
At VitalSource, our team is using startup technology at scale, with over 1 million users per week. Our mission is to make digital learning materials accessible and affordable to all students, and we are excited to see this spread as we expand our global reach.
Our agile teams, which are centered on products, are enabled to have a high ownership of problems with little hierarchy. We use cloud tech, Kubernetes, APIs, modern architecture, continuous deployment, and integrations to reach our key initiatives. These technologies allow us to integrate with colleges and universities, as well as offer the most accessible eTextbook reader in the world for the visually impaired. If you are an IT professional seeking a company that is passionate about their mission, providing great services for learning, and offering technology at scale, we can't wait to meet you!
* Expand existing software
* Develop new software products from the ground up, staying true to our company's core values and needs while lending your own creativity to the mix.
* Focus on creating fault-tolerant programming.
* Create scalable, automated solutions.
* Work directly with support to solve customer problems.
* Write tests for existing and new code.
* Directing software development projects.
* Translate business requirements and objectives into technical applications and solutions.
* Supports and develops software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
* A highly competitive compensation package with generous benefits beginning first day of employment for Medical/Prescription Drug plans, HSA, Vision, Dental and Health Care FSA.
* 15 vacation days & 12 sick days accrued annually and 3 personal days
* 401K match, Life and AD&D, Employee Assistant programs, Group Legal, & more
* Wellness program with access to local fitness centers and YMCA's for one low price
* An opportunity to be part of a collaborative, encouraging and fun environment with open working spaces where your contributions truly make a difference. Innovative ideas are always welcome.
* Access to cutting edge digital open source technology stacks and high volume global transactions that have a massive positive impact on students, classrooms, and institutions of higher learning
* Encouraged continued education with our tuition reimbursement program
* Casual Dress Code
* Flexible Work Schedules (by team)
Verba tackles textbook affordability through radical transparency. Our products have been transforming the college textbook industry for years, and we're about to make the biggest changes yet. Verba works with more than 350 colleges and universities of all sizes to reach over 3.1 million students each term with software for students, professors, and bookstores. Our success means we need to grow-and we're looking for talented employees.
VitalSource Technologies LLC, part of Ingram Content Group LLC, is improving the learning experience by making it easier to create and deliver effective and affordable content. The preferred choice among educational institutions and companies for digital learning materials, VitalSource® helps over 1,000 educational content providers create and deliver seamless interactive learning experiences through its exclusive Bookshelf® platform to millions of learners at 7,000 institutions. Bookshelf users opened more than 20 million digital textbooks last year and read more than 3.4 billion pages. For more information about VitalSource, visit https://get.vitalsource.com/
Ingram Content Group LLC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.
We participate in EVerify.
EEO Poster in English
EEO Poster in Spanish
* Experience with pair programming
* Experience with TDD or BDD
* Bachelor's degree OR directly related year for year experience
* 6 years software development experience
* 2-3 years of Rails experience
About Intrepid Learning
Intrepid’s platform delivers business impact by empowering learners with a deeply engaging SaaS learning experience that can scale to as many people as you need it to.