Senior Software Engineer, Ruby (Ecosystem Team)
Austin Downtown Office
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
Be a member of our Ecosystem Team that powers our billing, partner, and identity platforms. You'll be working with team members to extend our products and integrate with a broad array of external services. BigCommerce offers a heavily collaborative environment helping you expand your skill set and take ideas from inception to delivery.
What You'll Do
* Build integrations with 3rd party SOAP/REST APIs that can span multiple codesets/services, fail gracefully, and be highly extensible
* Write code that is performant, maintainable, clear, and concise
* Collaborate with our product and design teams to define feature specifications and timelines
* Engage in technical discussion of new solutions and architectures
* Participate in code reviews to maintain and improve quality
* Support an open, positive, and energized culture
* Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement
* Mentor other engineers in the current domain
Who You Are
* At least 4 years of professional experience as a Software Engineer
* At least 3 years of professional experience with Ruby / Ruby on Rails
* Adept with full-stack development
* Experienced in developing high performance, scalable and available web services and
* Desire to work in a collaborative, open environment on an Agile team as a contributor and mentor
* Highly proactive and results-oriented with excellent critical thinking skills
* Excited to learn new technologies
* Strong understanding of relational databases, distributed queuing systems, and external
services integrations over APIs (REST/SOAP)
* Experience with ecommerce, SaaS platforms highly preferred
Nice to Have: Experience with OAuth and/or SAML workflows and permissions
Nice to Haves: DevOps experience, GCP experience, and/or Docker or other containerization technologies
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.