Senior Software Engineer (Revenue Platform)
Senior Software Engineer - Revenue Platform
Who We Are
The team builds a platform to empower revenue teams with large volumes of real-time user interaction for the purpose of serving ads, training prediction models, ads measurement and etc.
Twitter is synonymous with staggering scale. Hundreds of millions of users use our service every single day, generating huge amounts of traffic, often in an unpredictable manner. We build systems that directly involved in translating the traffic to revenue and process a massive number of user interaction events in real-time using state of the art technologies.
What You'll Do
You'll be owning the design, build and operationalization of large scale online data service. Ads serving generates varieties of data for every ads served, such as extracted prediction features, targeting, billing information and etc. The service enables the serving pipeline to save those data for future data processing purpose via building on top of one of Twitter's largest key-value stores.
You'll be leading the re-design of the critical realtime data pipeline. The ads we serve result in a massive stream of user interactions(impressions, clicks) flowing back at us. The data pipeline that processes these interactions need a revamp to adapt to the latest business demand.
Who You Are
* You have strong technical background on distributed system and streaming computation
* You have a strong passion for building systems that enable other developers to build great things
* You have a fierce sense of ownership, caring deeply about the quality of everything that you deliver into your customers' hands.
* You have a track record of building large scale distributed systems
* You communicate clearly and concisely
* BS in computer science or a related field, or equivalent work experience
* 4+ years experience large scale distributed systems, data structures, algorithms, design patterns and etc.
* Fluent in at least one JVM based language(Java or Scala)
* A solid grasp on good software engineering practices (e.g. thorough code reviews, deep focus on quality, design documentation)
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Twitter is a company that provides a social networking platform.