Presidio is a leading North American IT solutions provider focused on Digital Infrastructure, Cloud and Security solutions to create agile, secure infrastructure platforms for middle-market customers. We deliver this technology expertise through a full life cycle model of professional, managed, and support services including strategy, consulting, implementation and design. By taking the time to deeply understand how our clients define success, we help them harness technology advances, simplify IT complexity and optimize their environments today while enabling future applications, user experiences, and revenue models. As of June 30, 2018, we serve approximately 8,000 middle - market, large, and government organizations across a diverse range of industries. Approximately 2,900 Presidio professionals, including more than 1,600 technical engineers, are based in 60+ offices across the United States in a unique, local delivery model combined with the national scale of a $2.8 billion dollar industry leader. We are passionate about driving results for our clients and delivering the highest quality of service in the industry. Presidio is majority owned by affiliates of investment funds managed by affiliates of Apollo Global Management, LLC (NYSE:APO).
We have an excellent opportunity for a Sr. Software Engineer to join our team.
* You will be responsible for development work associated with incorporating new technology and upgrading existing technology to include all solutions developed in the Enterprise System Management solutions.
* You will code, support and maintain basic application development projects according to appropriate specifications.
* You will code, document and implement programs according to the project specifications provided.
* You will also participate in peer reviews.
* You will test code; execute unit test plans for assigned programming tasks.
* You will work with the appropriate programming languages, operating systems, hardware and software.
* Work with relational databases to facilitate programming software.
* Continue to learn and expand on technical expertise.
* The position will be participating on an on-call rotation and may be called upon to work off-hours to support customer escalations (provide emergency on-call support on a rotating schedule).
* You will interact with customers, peers and management via phone, IM, video, and email to ensure customer issues are resolved per contracted SLA's related to the Enterprise System Management Solutions.
* We seek a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a minimum 5 years' experience in the IT development industry.
* We seek the capability to work effectively in a results driven environment, both independently and as a team member; the ability to interact well with all levels of management and technical resources. Self-motivation and dedication to objectives is essential.
* You will participate on an on-call rotation and may be called upon to work off-hours to support customer escalations.
* We seek the capability to work effectively in a results driven environment, both independently and as a team member.
* The ability to interact well with all levels of management and technical resources.
* We seek self- motivation and dedication to objectives.
Technical Skills Requirements:
* You have conceptual web design/ development expertise
* You have a conceptual understanding of REST interfaces
* You are considered an expert in Linux Operating Systems
* We seek knowledge of scripting in UNIX
* Previous VM experience
* Basic understanding of monitoring technologies (SNMP, WMI, etc)
* Strong knowledge of Web Technologies (XML, HTML, Web Services) required for process development, integrations and automation
Preferred Technical Skills and Basic Knowledge:
* Coding Experience in REST and Socket interfaces.
* General knowledge of monitoring principles, processes, and technology.
* General knowledge of network technologies.
* Understanding of current and emerging transport technologies.
* General knowledge of network security and firewall technology.
* Knowledge of TCP/IP addressing and routing, and address management technology.
* To work in a SCRUM or KAMBAN agile development with other developers.
* To follow all approved standards, guidelines, processes and/or procedures
* To regularly commit any development code into the relevant code repository i.e. Git/BitBucket.
* To regularly update their progress in an activity tracking tool.
* To create any necessary Development documentation, e.g. Design, Installation, and Administration Guides, Release Notes, Unit Test Plans, Acceptance Test Plans etc
* To review any necessary Development documentation circulated within the Team.
* To attend SCRUM Meetings and team meetings, both regular scheduled, and ad-hoc and be prepared to provide an account of activities when requested.
* To participate in any review of new Service Model tools, incl. Beta programs.
* Presidio, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/ VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, please visit: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
If you have any difficulty using our online system and need an accommodation in the job application process due to a disability, please send an email to email@example.com for assistance.
Presidio, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. State Employment Services; please provide priority referrals to firstname.lastname@example.org
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE: Presidio has a strict PSL in place and will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role through the Presidio portal. Candidate Resumes/CV's not submitted through the Presidio portal or submitted directly to Hiring Managers will be considered unsolicited and will be treated as gifts and no fee will be payable. Thank you for your cooperation.
Presidio provides managed services and network solutions technologies.