Zendesk is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join the team of storage infrastructure engineers. If you are seasoned engineer, with a passion for making data driven decisions, observable systems, and you have experience in infrastructure development, we want to talk to you!
You will utilize your technical expertise to guide and enable the teams of hardworking engineers. As a member of Foundation Storage team, you'll be working with the team to ship architecturally-sound software at a regular cadence and enabling the roadmaps, success, and velocity of engineering teams across the company by building internal service platforms, automation, and self-healing systems.
What you get to do:
* Collaborate closely with your team to contribute to the Zendesk Foundation Storage codebase
* Participate in all phases of the software lifecycle including discovery, prototyping, technical design, defining scope with Product Managers, implementation, testing and rollout
* Champion best practices, high quality code, and proper test coverage. We ship code frequently and fast without any compromise on stability and reliability
* Inspire changes to improve the architecture and make it more scalable, maintainable, testable
* Find opportunities for improvement by challenging the status quo, come up with alternative and creative solutions, and push change
* Review code submissions of junior staff mentoring and guiding them throughout the process
* Work in a dynamic, agile team where standard methodologies delivering excellence and high availability software is everything
What you bring to the role:
* A minimum of 5 years of dynamic experience in software development including time building infrastructure and services in a SaaS environment
* Strong coding skills in at least one programming language, and a desire to pick up more (we work primarily in Golang, Java, Ruby, and Python)
* Experience decomposing monolithic datastores for service oriented architecture is a plus
* Verifiable contributions to open source software are a plusPossesses a deep understanding of web application development and agile development practices
* Enthusiasm for writing elegant and clean code
* Systematic problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and driveUnderstanding of AWS (or another cloud provider) products and services is a plus
* Great communication skills both written and verbal
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth.
More than 100,000 paid customer accounts in over 150 countries and territories use Zendesk products. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America.
Interested in knowing what we do in the community? Check out the Zendesk Neighbor Foundation to learn more about how we engage with, and provide support to, our local communities.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we're proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Zendesk is a company developing a customer support ticketing system and service software.