As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll contribute to the engineering of the next-generation data science products and interfaces that connect our Machine Learning technology to the vast ecosystem of internal and external applications. This is a really exciting time to join the business, with our recent acquisition of Stadium Goods and our IPO back in 2018, you'll have the chance to be a part of a brand new function and work exclusively on large scale, high-impact projects.
We're looking for an experienced Senior, designing and leading the development of large scale projects.
A flavor of what we use in the data science team: Docker, Flask, PyTest, SqlAlchemy, Airflow, Postgres, Spark, BigQuery, Terraform, Ansible, Google Compute Engine, Scikit-learn, PyTorch, and NumPy.
What you'll do:
* Collaboratively design, build, and maintain Python micro-services in our cloud data platform.
* Work with other Software Engineers, Data Scientists, and Data Engineers to deliver efficient data products.
* Provide creative ideas to improve core data products.
* Be responsible for the health of production systems.
* Design and develop scalable and performant services with strong emphasis in algorithmic design and scalability.
* Have a team oriented mindset and seek to share knowledge and uplift the rest of the team
Who you are:
* Experienced in designing large scale systems that take advantage of Big Data technologies like Spark, BigQuery, etc.
* Advanced in Python and experienced in the creation of services using frameworks like Flask/Django.
* Disciplined in approach to testing (TDD/BDD, code review, documentation).
* Experienced in distributed systems, service oriented architectures, design and implementation of high throughput, low latency applications.
* Experienced in containerization tools like Docker and configuration management tools like Ansible.
* Experienced building and scaling batch/asynchronous systems. Using tools like Airflow/Celery/RabbitMQ.
Farfetch is a company providing a platform for the luxury fashion industry.