Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We're the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable-across any device-reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We're looking for someone who's eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn't afraid to have some fun either. Someone who's ready to take Roblox-and their career-to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We've fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that's made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you'll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you'll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
Roblox as a product and a company is growing fast. We've more than doubled our engineering team over the past 2 years, and are looking to double again. Our tremendous growth makes scaling the tools and processes supporting our fast-moving, dynamic, independent culture vital to Roblox's success.
Roblox Engineers make the tools that allow everyone to make games.
As a Roblox Productivity Tools Engineer:
* A fluent programmer in at least one common language (C#, Python, Java, Go, etc).
* Humble and empathetic.
* Maddened by inefficiency and averse to toil.
* Build highly reliable, resilient systems that are well documented and easy to support
* Make the tools that make Roblox engineering tick
* Work across the organization to meet complex developer needs.
* Streamline and simplify the flow of code from engineer's fingertips to production deploy.
* Foster an audacious, trust-based, constantly improving engineering culture.
* Built, shipped, monitored, and supported a tool or system used by other engineers at scale.
* Produced concise documentation, tutorials, or examples that were consumed by engineers.
* Researched, proposed, and implemented a new technology or process with measurable positive impact.
* Set up and administered common 3rd party and open source development tools
* Jenkins, TeamCity, GitHub, Perforce, Azure Devops, Artifactory, Nexus, NPM, Nuget, JIRA, Confluence, Grafana, Kibana
* Experience working with common cloud technologies
* Hashistack (Nomad, Terraform, Vault, etc), Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, Azure
* Designed and optimized a toolchain other developers use to ship code
* Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
* A rewarding 401k program
* Flexible vacation policy
* Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
* Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
* Annual CalTrain Go Pass
* A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox - Powering Imagination
Roblox is a provider of a 3D creation, publishing, and gameplay platform that empowers players to create 3D models and games.