About the Role
We're looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join our Platform Engineering team. Platform Engineering at Opendoor fills the mission-critical role of building services to elevate product engineering teams, enabling them to fully commit to driving business outcomes. We drive the overall strategy and direction of engineering excellence in service reliability, observability, and infrastructure management.
You will use your experience to work closely with our product engineering teams from the early stages of design all the way through identifying and resolving issues that relate to infrastructure or application behavior in production. Every engineer at Opendoor has an outsized impact, and this is enabled by the Platform team. You'll lead the development of projects that not only enable engineers to ship high-quality and reliable services but also impact the growth trajectory of the company.
Your responsibilities may include:
* Design, build, and maintain the evolving platform services, libraries, and tooling used by all of Opendoor's engineering teams
* Guide the broader team in making intelligent and pragmatic technical trade-offs
* Provide feedback on new service and system designs
* Design and implement processes to maintain and improve organization-wide speed and reliability
We're looking for teammates who have:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
* Strong coding skills in one or more languages - we mostly write Go, Python, and Ruby at Opendoor, but experience with others is also valuable.
* Deep understanding of what it takes to run reliable services, from underlying technical implementations to sustainable software engineering principles
* Autonomy and motivation to actively identify areas of improvement and translate high level goals into real solutions
* Focus on rapid delivery without sacrificing technical excellence
* Care for modular, performant and testable code
* You love improving the efficiency and productivity of your fellow engineers and think of them as your customers to delight
* Experience building for a service-oriented environmentExperience with Infrastructure- and/or Platform-as-a-Service (e.g. Kubernetes, AWS)
* Experience building services with gRPC and Protobuf
* Experience building services with GraphQLA passion for learning new technologies and different ways to solve problems
More About Us
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
* Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependent
* Flexible vacation policy
* Educational budget to invest in your career development and growth
* Fitness/Commuter Benefit stipend
* Generous parental leave
* Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Opendoor is an online home-selling service aimed at streamlining the sales process down.