EverQuote (Nasdaq: EVER) makes insurance shopping easy, efficient and personal, saving consumers and insurance providers time and money. We operate the largest online marketplace for insurance shopping in the United States. Our goal is to reshape insurance shopping for consumers and improve the way insurance providers attract and connect with customers as insurance shopping continues to shift online.
We are seeking a strong software engineer who is able to provide exceptional technical skills and become a solid contributor to our Engineering team as they rebuild the current code base and transition to a microservices architecture. This team is responsible for the realization of our new remarketing strategy, which drives nearly 50% of the company's revenue. You will updating our current remarketing infrastructure using more modern methods, python microservices and containerization technology (Docker,Kubernetes) in the Google cloud.
This role is responsible for being able to prioritize tasks within Engineering queue, which include bug fixes, building new features in existing software, building new services from scratch, and R&D. You'll be interacting closely with our internal customers (data analysts) as you help optimize the platform they'll be utilizing. You'll be responsible for full product life cycle from inception through development, and ensuring that your solutions are effective.
You must possess solid business sense, and open source background (required).
The role offers you the opportunity to work on challenging and interesting problems involving large and complex data sets, high-volume traffic, and near-real-time feedback. Our Software Engineers work closely with analytics stakeholders inside the company to understand business problems, to design & propose efficient solutions for those problems, and to effectively translate those ideas into correct, clean, and maintainable code. EverQuote is a place where engineers understand the business needs driving their work, and can see in real time how their changes are impacting the company.
Technologies used: Python on Linux platforms, MySQL, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, DataBricks.
* Build and extend remarketing and analytics systems, to improve consumer engagement and performance
* Collaborate closely with acquisition teams and data scientists to develop and automate remarketing strategies
* Design and implement new features for various Python-based services & platforms
* Improve robustness of business operations and technical platforms via reporting, monitoring, and alerting
* Analyze, debug, and resolve operational issues on our production systems
* Help drive strategic thinking about how to evolve online marketing opportunities available to us
* 2+ years experience as a software engineer in a fast paced, data driven environment
* Solid computer science fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures, optimization, threading
* Experience working with and open source language (ideally Python) & SQL on Linux, and with big data platforms
* Able to translate ideas into correct, efficient, and reliable code solutions
* Strong skills at understanding, analyzing, and debugging complex problems and/or systems
* Great teamwork skills; willingness to both learn and mentor
* Entrepreneurial mindset; sense of urgency and accountability
* Deep Interest in online business and learning how to drive engineering solutions to solve business problems
* We are one of the fastest growing companies in Boston history
* We recently completed our IPO and are looking for the next generation of leaders to push us forward as a public company
* Even as we've become a public company, we're committed to maintaining our "startup feel," (but with none of that startup anxiety)
* We employ completely data-driven decision-making
* We encourage creative thinking, independent responsibilities for business results & team collaboration
* Lunch catering to the office, company outings to local restaurants, day trips, and more
* We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, stock, and a relaxed & flexible work environment
* We have lives outside of work. We are musicians, athletes, filmmakers, gamers, authors, and more
The Largest Online Auto Insurance Marketplace in the U.S. Everquote filed for an IPO on June 18th, 2018 to raise $75M by offering 4.7 million shares at a price range of $15 to $17, at an approximate valuation of $471M.