AutoGrid's DER flexibility management software allows utilities, electricity retailers, energy service providers and owners of large asset portfolios to deliver clean, affordable and reliable energy. The company's patented Predictive Controls™ technology leverages advanced data science, machine learning and high-performance computing to predict, control and optimize all DERs at scale and in real time. AutoGrid has more than 2,500 megawatts of flexible capacity from distributed generation, storage and DR resources under contract. Its solutions help more than 30 global energy companies such as National Grid, Florida Power & Light, Eneco, CPS Energy and NextEra Energy to balance supply and demand, increase grid reliability, integrate renewables and deliver value-added services to customers in regulated and deregulated markets worldwide.
AutoGrid was awarded World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer (2015), Red Herring Top 100 (2015, 2017) and Global Cleantech 100 (2014 - 2018)
About the Job
* Design and develop Big Data architecture and server-side components that drive AutoGrid's Energy Data Platform * Benchmark and debug critical issues with algorithms and software as they arise * Work closely with application development and product management teams to understand application requirements * Assist DevOps in troubleshooting product issues in production and demo systems
* Deep understanding and experience with Big Data / NoSQL frameworks * Experienced in following technologies: * Application development in one of the following programing languages:Java EE / Python / Ruby-on-Rails * Distributed system deployments * Server-side caching ( e.g. Redis) * Web services (both REST and SOAP) * Strong SQL skills (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
* Sound knowledge of relational databases (SQL) and experience with large SQL based systems. * Experience in designing and architecting enterprise application platform a plus. * Excellent verbal and written communication skills * Ability to lead technical projects and code at the same time * Experience with Agile / SCRUM methodology for product development * Proven ability and desire to deliver projects on time with high quality * Able to cope with and thrive in fast paced, dynamic work environment with evolving project requirements * Start-up experience, entrepreneurial spirit, energetic! * BS., MS., or Ph.D. in computer science or related field * 3+ years of experience in designing and developing large scale, distributed enterprise business solutions * 2+ years of development experience at the senior engineer level
Nice to Haves
* Experience with Cloud technologies e.g. Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure * Cloudera experience and training * Experience with horizontally scaling web tools (HAProxy, Unicorn) * Exposure to ETL tools, and proprietary platforms such as Greenplum, Teradata, SAP HANA, Splunk * Data warehouse / BI tools experience
Benefits and Perks
* Collaborative, close-knit environment * Working with a really smart and fun group of people on solving BIG problems for a GIGANTIC industry * Competitive salary with equity * Medical, dental, vision insurance (PPO, HMO options) * 401(k) and Flexible Spending Accounts * Brand new Macbook Pro, dual monitors and all the development tools that you want * Flexible hours * Easy parking * Catered team lunch everyday * H-1B visa transfers welcome
AutoGrid is a company that organizes energy data and employs big data analytics to generate real-time predictions that create actionable data.