Redfin is revolutionizing the $75 billion real estate industry. We use data, beautiful software, and innovative design to put customers first at every step in the home-buying and selling process. We've got all the perks, but if what you value most is doing great work in a collaborative startup environment, join us.
The Operational Excellence team is responsible for all the infrastructure that Redfin's services run on. We own the build, deployments, as well as our production and test environments. Throw in monitoring, caching, and database performance and you'll have a small glimpse into the breadth of technologies we work on. We are currently re-architecting most of our existing infrastructure and want you to help lead the way.
* Lead the migration towards Redfin's future infrastructure - Design performant, reliable, and scalable systems. You'll be in charge of everything from inception through launch.
* Contribute to Redfin's data isolation strategy. Provide self-service persistent storage platforms that
* Identify trends happening elsewhere in the industry and investigate how we can apply them to the team or Redfin as a whole
* Better those around you by driving team efficiency improvements, mentoring teammates to strengthen individual skills and share your learning
* Help drive our mission to radically change the way people make one of the biggest decisions of their lives.
Required Skills and Experience
* 3+ years experience in Linux Administration or Systems Development.
* Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
* Strong Development skills in at least one language (e.g. Python, Java)
* Grasp of Software Development fundamentals (Data Structures, OO Design, Algorithms)
* Experience with configuration management and image generation tools (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Packer)
* Consult with other teams on system design and capacity planning
* Ability to lead complex technical discussions with a variety of audiences, including Software and Systems Engineers, and Senior Management
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent work experience
* Experience with Cloudformation or Terraform
* Experience running Kubernetes clusters in large-scale environments
* Experience with caching platforms (e.g. Redis, Memcached, Elasticache)
Redfin is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce
Redfin is a company providing real estate search and brokerage services.