Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be part of our Payments Systems Risk team to help design, enhance and build our transactional platform in an agile development environment. You will work with colleagues, who will support and challenge you daily. You will play part of multiple teams tasked with multiple projects ranging from building full stack development of real-time transactional services, REST services API, Container based services to highly functional, secure, scalable and resilient real time and batching systems. You will work on unit testing, code reviews and regular check-ins to continuous integration that will become part of your DNA. You will see the code written and moved to production within just a few days, to then be used by a huge customer base including Facebook, Nike, FedEx, Apple, State Farm, to name a few. If this sounds exciting, we want to chat and tell you more about our work culture and environment and see if this will be a good fit for both of us.
* Minimum of Bachelor's degree or equivalent
* 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
* Experience in Java, J2EE, UNIX/Linux, PL/SQL, Data Structures, Design Patterns, Optimizations, Object-Oriented design, and Shell scripting
* Proficiency with Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design and analysis
* Experience with Algorithms, Multi-threading, Spring , Hibernate etc.
* Experience in developing message based architecture and low latency applications
* Experience with application performance, memory management, and the fundamentals of garbage collection.
* Experience with Spring MVC, Struts, JPA and Hibernate technologies.
* Experience in webservers like Tomcat,JBOSS.
* Knowledge of Service Oriented Design & implementing RESTful APIs, JSON, Web services and XML
* Strong knowledge and working experience in relational database technology: SQL, JDBC, Oracle
* Experience with Web Services (JAX-RPC, JAX-WS, JAXB, REST/XML-over-HTTP, SOAP, WSDL)
* Design, Code, document and implement new applications as well as existing programs
* Contribute to enhancements, and corrections to existing applications codebase
* Develop code that complies with design specifications and meets security and Java/JEE best practices. Coding must adhere to all standards for security, be easily maintainable and have high system performance.
* Collaborate with Development & QA staff on individual and team deliverables
* Comfortable working in a loosely structured, fast-paced organization
* Create documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance
* Conduct code reviews, as requested, to comply with coding standards
* Build working relationships with global and virtual teams on software development
* Identify opportunities for future enhancements and refinements to standards, best practices and development methodologies.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.