As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Senior Web Engineer, a highly motivated individual contributor based in Austin, will be part of the Global Partner Portal and Visa Online Development Team that reports into Digital Developer Platform. The role will be an integral part of all web development efforts and projects on Visa Online, and be responsible for designing and developing effective solutions in accordance with industry standards on best web development practices. The role will be required to perform code and design architectural reviews, suggest best practices and implement design and development standards. The role is a technologist who has the passion to solve problems, factor old codes, learn and pick up new technologies based on the needs of the organization, and level-up on existing expertise
* Design, build, develop and maintain web applications and solutions on Visa Online, in accordance with industry standards on best web development practices.
* Function as a Subject Matter Expert of the web solutions on Visa Online.
* Align with the direction and information provided by the manager to drive delivery of robust and usable solutions to meet functional requirements.
* Work with various Technology and Business counterparts to drive the continuous improvements of the platforms.
* Facilitate and lead System Integrated Testing on developed solutions in ensuring a bug-free release.
* Facilitate and lead User Acceptance Testing activities on developed solutions.
* Communicate and engage Business and Technology Partners to translate business requirements into functional requirements for design and development.
* Deliver assigned responsibilities in a timely manner and with a high level of quality.
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in the Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology disciplines.
* At least 3 to 6 years of working experience in the IT industry, preferably with advanced web development experience in developing web applications and solutions that are lightweight, responsive, user-friendly and visually appealing.
* At least 2 years of working experience with defining system architecture and design patterns.
* Knowledge of content management concepts and systems will be advantageous.
* Analytical skills to understand business requirements and to translate into technical specifications.
* Excellent articulation, communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills are required.
* Excellent time management, organization and planning skills are essential.
* Problem solver with excellent skills in troubleshooting.
* Ability to document high quality functional and technical specifications.
* Ability to set priorities in a multi-tasking environment.
* Ability to negotiate with both Technology and Business counterparts in terms of delivery scope and timelines that aligns with capacity of the delivery team.
* Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to achieve results with ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task under tight deadlines.
* Passion to learn and pick up new technologies as needs evolves.
Technical Preferred Qualifications
* Strong hands-on development experience on Microsoft SharePoint and FAST Search is highly desirable.
* Strong hands-on development experience on ASP.NET, C#, .NET Core, HTML and CSS is highly desirable.
* Good hands-on development experience with Angular, Java will be advantageous.
* Good knowledge of development and troubleshooting experience on Windows.
* Good hands-on knowledge relational databases such as MSSQL and also SQL Reporting.
* Good experience working with Agile and Test Driven Development.
* Good knowledge of WCAG and Web User Interface Designs.
* Familiarity with API first design, Selenium, Rest Assured, TestNG, Cucumber, JUnit and NUnit is good to have.
* Knowledge of Single-Sign-On methods.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.