At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
We are seeking a software engineer in our Diagnostics Integration engineering team. The team primary focuses on integration ability within diagnostic applications and other third-party solution. The integration solutions allow to communicate, and exchange data between the applications used by hospitals, Healthcare solution vendors and the Nuance applications. The Software Engineer works with a team of developers, QA and documentation staff in the development and maintenance of the Healthcare Applications. The candidate will be a self-starter and will work on multiple deliverables with dynamic schedules.
* Requires strong technical knowledge of REST, Web Services, XML technologies, and Enterprise Integration Patterns.
* Requires strong technical and analytical ability in .Net framework and the C# language, •Aide in the design, development, testing, and support of both Windows and Web based applications built using the .NET Framework (C#/ASP.NET MVC) and deployed on Windows.•Ensures that industry best practices are followed for data structure and database design•Work closely with a variety of different stakeholder groups, including management, business analysts, marketing, and development to develop new products and features for the line of business.•Focus on high/mid-level designs of complex business entities, business logic, and data access, and presentation layers.•Have knowledge of a breadth of technology skills ranging from Object Oriented Design/Development, Database Design/Development, to SOA Patterns, as well as Windows and Web Application Architectures.•Translate business requirements into conceptual, logical, and physical data models; this will include ongoing evolution of the logical data model in response to changes in the business.•Work with Technical Support in resolving critical customer issues.•Mentor junior team members as well as provide technical guidance and expertise for all development projects.
* Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing
Education: BS or MS in Computer Science is required.
Years of experience: 3-5
* 3-5 years experience in software development, developing both Windows and Web based enterprise class applications.•Strong understanding of object-oriented design and design patterns (and how and when they should be applied).•Strong understanding of service oriented architecture design patterns (and how and when they should be applied).•Excellent C# programming skills.•Proven experience developing high-performance, multi-threaded, enterprise grade applications.•Knowledge of UML and the ability to author a detailed design specification.•Experience developing data-driven applications with SQL Server, and knowledge of NoSQL data stores (ex. Hadoop, MongoDB, etc.) a plus. •Experience with Web GUI development, Single Page Application development a plus.•Strong written and oral communications skills as well as excellent listening skills.•Understanding of Agile and Lean Software Development methodology
* Experience with healthcare data and systems a plus.•Experience in working in cloud based solutions into public cloud like Azure is a plus •Experience with IHE and HL7 FHIR standards a plus
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 - Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Nuance is a multinational computer software technology company, providing speech and imaging applications.