Search for more jobs
Senior Software Engineer - Model-Driven Engineering
* Job: 19809-MCAR
* Location: US-MA-Natick
* Department: Product Development
* Are you interested in joing a world-class development team to develope a pure metamodeling framework?
* Are you interested in domain specifc languages, code generation, formal methods, declarative programming, domain modeling, UML, OCL, MOF, MDE?
* Do you want to help supercharge the speed and correctness of an entire development organization?
Come join our team! Help us develop our metamodeling platform, which is a core technology backing MathWorks products. As a senior software engineer you'll be responsible for implementing bleeding-edge platform features, maximizing our impact on client development teams, and helping to define the future of our framework.
You will work on code generation, develop modeling tools (graphical and textual), and transform of ad-hoc data structures into modeled ones. You will be working right at the intersection of theory and practice. You will need to evangelize for data modeling generally and put it into place specifically. You will be responsible for having large ideas and carrying them through to shipment.
* A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
* Experience with MOF/UML a big plus
* Experience with large codebases and build systems
* Experience with databases a plus
* Strong abstract thinking coupled with a drive to produce software
* Masters, or PhD, in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related engineering field
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists.