Minimum Experience: 5+ years
Type: Full time
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts derived from vast amounts of publicly available data. Our groundbreaking AI and machine learning platform cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, and determining the significance of public information. We're revolutionizing the way businesses and governments know and act on critical, relevant information to protect people, assets, and brands when every second counts.
We've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices and have raised $392 million in funding at a $1.6 billion valuation in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work and have fun.
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world. Join us and help the world operate in real time.
Who you are:
You're passionate about building high quality mobile apps that address user's problems. You have built apps in Android / iOS or React Native. You can leverage the latest mobile features and tools to drive customer impact. You have a desire to continuously improve the applications you work on and how you work. You have strong experience in automated testing: unit test / integration / functional (experience with TDD is a big plus). You're eager to move across languages and tech boundaries. You enjoy sharing your knowledge with your team, mentoring other engineers, and learning from others. You're always thinking about ways to deliver better software as a team.
The mobile engineering team is looking for senior engineers who can help shape the direction of the architecture, tooling, team delivery practices. We're a small team managing the mobile apps for all of Dataminr. We're focused on building features quickly and getting them in front of customers while continuously improving our practices to deliver high-impact mobile apps. Our current agile rituals are a mix of Kanban and Scrum and they're evolving as we grow as a team.
What success looks like in your first 6 months:
* Contribute code to our iOS / Android / React Native apps from the get-go
* Lead the development of significant features that have an impact on our business
* Play an active role in evolving our mobile engineering practices
* Understand our technical ecosystem to be able to influence the team's technical roadmap
* Introducing new concepts and practices that improve the experience of customers and streamlines development experience.
* Identify technical areas of improvement and lead initiatives to see improvements
* Help interview potential teammates to help grow a diverse team with the right mix of skills, experience and approaches for the future
Why you should work here:
* We recognize and reward hard work with:
* competitive compensation package including company equity.
* paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
* 401(k) savings plan with company matching.
* flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses.
* We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
* a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed.
* opportunities to own and drive important critical projects.
* individual Learning and Development fund and professional training.
* generous leave and flexible hours.
* daily catered lunch and a fully stocked kitchen.
* and more!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.