SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Senior Software Engineer (Mobile Apps)
SpaceX is looking for a software engineer to build mobile applications used to connect customers to the internet via our satellite constellation. You will engage with other SpaceX engineers to discover the needs of the mission and write highly reliable software which turns the mission into reality. You will be responsible for the complete lifecycle of the software you create, including development, testing, and support.
As a Mobile Software Engineer, you will bring to life the mobile portal into Starlink, enabling customers to have a seamless experience managing their accounts and Internet access. The success of SpaceX's satellite internet business depends on the quality of the software that you and your team produce. That includes reliability, fault tolerance, throughput, security, and user experience.
You are the engineer that other engineers can count on; you are technical, you attack every problem with enthusiasm; you remove hurdles. You are a self-starter, team player, have the hunger to venture into unknown areas and code and make the system work.
* Develop highly reliable and available mobile applications (Android and iOS)
* Develop prototypes to prove out key design concepts and quantify technical constraints.
* Own all aspects of software engineering and product development
* Work with functional business units to align requirements from Design, Marketing, Communications, and Finance units
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, physics, mathematics, or similar technical discipline and 3+ years of experience building native iOS and Android applications; or 5+ years of experience building native iOS and Android applications without a degree
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Demonstrated ability in creating rich mobile and web interfaces using modern frameworks and techniques
* Deep knowledge of iOS and Android development, as well as emerging mobile trends
* A track record of successful apps in the App Store, with low crashing rates, beautiful UIs and great app reviews
* Ability to provide multiple technical approaches with pros, cons and tradeoffs to collaboratively make decisions with teammates and customers
* Familiarity with data persistence strategies such as Realm, SQLite, and Core Data
* Experience in mobile design patterns (MVVM), building mobile frameworks / SDKs, building custom UX widgets and optimizing apps for performance
* Experience writing testable code and automating test regressions
* Knowledge of professional software engineering practices including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
* Experience with REST architecture for web services
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
SpaceX is an aerospace manufacturer and space transport services company.