Do you want to be at the frontier of Azure adoption initiatives? The G+E Education Engineering team focuses on strategic programs for academic communities, influencing student developer community loyalty and adoption of Microsoft technologies primarily focusing on Azure. This role will focus on engineering of various student/educator/university initiatives, including Azure for Education, a program for student community to gain experience developing with Microsoft technologies. We are a fast growing team of full stack engineers with a very low turnover rate that excels in collaboration, and getting the right things done for our customers. We work on the latest technologies and products offered by Azure. We own the entire projects, end-to-end, database-to-UX. Your customers will likely be every VP at Microsoft, the best computer science professors on the planet, thousands of students, startups, and Azure's largest customer. Your impact will be very big. We have a very wide charter, so our engineers have the opportunity to work on something new multiple times per year. Every engineer is involved in the entire software development lifecycle (SDLC), everything from contributing on the design and development phases, and incorporating that data into the next round of planning.
* BS/MS in CS/CE or related technical discipline
* 5+ year of experience in software engineering (online services is a plus)
* Knowledge of Angular2, React, jQuery, TypeScript, HTML, CSS, SQL, ASP.Net MVC, Web API 2
* Familiarity with Azure
* Design, debugging, time management, communication skills are essential
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Make architectural and technical decisions
* Enjoy building a user interface or an API
* Know best practices for web development and RESTful web services
* Innovate on tools and processes that simplify and expedite achieving our goals
* Collaborate with other engineers so that our high quality standards are met as early as possible
* Grow as an individual contributor and mentor others
* Ensure our work is at Microsoft standards
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.