Consumer Sales and Marketing Engineering is the primary engineering partner for the Microsoft Stores and Microsoft Consumer business. We're the engineering team that builds the technologies that enables our stores to be the public face of Microsoft, where every individual, community, and business can directly experience all that's possible with Microsoft.
Microsoft Retail Stores has an opening for a senior software engineer that will be responsible for developing applications that will run in all our stores world-wide. You will own driving the design and implementation of applications and processes that are utilized in sales, marketing, event planning, workforce management, store portals, CRM, AX, and more. This team builds the applications that make the retail stores tick. As part of your work, you will contribute to the success of over 100 stores across the world and empower store associates to deliver the best service to customers. We are looking for someone that has a passion to help shape our brick and mortar stores and help promote the Microsoft brand by delivering best in-class store experiences.
* 6+ years of software engineering experience
* Experience working through full product cycles from initial design to final product and shipping on time
* Development skills in C# or C++ design and coding
* A passion for building high performing software solutions
* Solid written/verbal communications skills and excellent problem-solving skills
* Proven experience managing ambiguity from incubation to actual product delivery
* BS/MSc in Computer Science or equivalent
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Providing technical leadership to a team of talented diverse developers
* Providing quality input on peer code reviews and architectural designs
* Working collaboratively with a team of diverse and talented peers
* Providing influence on schedule, feature, and product designs
* Owning accurate costing for your engineering activities, and executing with high accountability to schedule and quality
* Maintaining an unwavering focus on our customers and the impact you deliver to them
* Operating in a DevOps model while engaging modern engineering practices
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.