Every once in a while a job comes along with an opportunity to be at the forefront of a brand new business. If you have been waiting for that kind of opportunity this may be the job for you.
We are a startup like, fast paced mentality team with not a lot of meetings, politics, or process: we just like to get stuff done. Our motto is to work on interesting things, grow, learn and have fun doing it =). You will work with smart people who care deeply about creating a fun and supportive workplace, and you will have an incredible opportunity to learn and grow. Best of all, your work will impact millions of people, and you can be proud to see customers benefit from the work you do.
We are a part of Microsoft 365, one of the fastest growing business in the company's history despite launching just 18 months ago! Bringing together the latest and greatest versions of Windows, Office, and advanced security features Microsoft 365 is truly the locomotive driving the company's incredible growth in the cloud with double digit quarter over quarter growth. Microsoft 365 empowers enterprises and small businesses with world's best productivity tools and services to do more and achieve more. The market opportunity is incredible and when combined with one of the latest Surface devices, Microsoft 365 truly is an unbeatable combination. The MAX team is responsible for delivering amazing experiences for over 2 billion customers across Windows, Office, and Surface. Serving these many customers is a huge responsibility and rare opportunity. Every single day you get the chance to deploy code into hyperscale services that power experiences in billions of devices. Moreover, we're using the latest advances in AI and ML to drive intelligence into these experiences to make them highly engaging, personalized, and relevant. Stunningly cool and ground-breaking work. Being a part of MAX team, our work is key to the success of all of Office.
We are searching for future Microsoft leaders with background in building distributed systems and high scale services to create a platform that enables the next generation of gig workers and customers achieve more. Someone who is comfortable with hiring and managing a team of gig developers from around the world.
You will have a unique opportunity to work with the latest cloud technologies and develop scalable Azure services using a mix of in house and open source technologies. This is a job with high executive visibility and opportunity for advancement. There is lots of cross group work as well as technical leadership, designing new services and systems, and growing future members of the team. We're looking for someone who loves that kind of work and is proficient at creating and maintaining warm and productive working relationships. You will also need to be a go getter, a fast learner and be able to work with a lot of ambiguity.
* Minimum Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, or Engineering
* At least 4 years of experience in a Software Design, Development, Programming or Engineering role
* Solid Object-Oriented Design and Programming skills
* Technical competence and strong analytical skills
* Strong customer focus and understanding of the importance of live site engineering
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Desirable: Azure, Cloud technologies, Distributed Systems
* Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role.
* These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Contributing to the design, build, test and health of "Internet scale" services
* Managing freelancers
* Owning the backend (experience with distributed systems and high scale services)
* Ensuring the availability and performance of Live Site and the satisfaction of our Customers
* Improving incident processes including monitoring/alerting coverage, investigation tooling and reporting
* Using problem management data to identify what product investments will drive up customer satisfaction or reduce cost
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.