Imagine designing and creating the code that will power the future of Window Core! That's what we do here in the SiGMa team within Cloud + AI Platform org. We perform system level engineering on lighting up new technologies on Window Core. We're are using containers and virtualization to bring new "application experiences" to Windows Core, with high performance and reliability expectations and strong security. Our software optimally brings together the compelling experiences Microsoft is creating for consumers. If you love working with cutting-edge virtualization technologies and diving into system-level code, we are the team for you!
We are looking for an awesome Software Development Engineer to join our team and make our projects a success. The role requires extensive debugging skills, along with an inclination to quickly learn about different components in a system. The work will span across multiple technology areas including development of apps/tools to measure performance in system. Our team works closely with many technology teams in Microsoft. You don't have to be an area expert initially, but you will be expected to learn and grasp things quickly.
We *do* want you to be someone with strong coding, design and debugging skills, and someone who is great at collaborating with teams within Microsoft as well as from other companies.
* A Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
* 5+ years' experience with C/C++ development
* A sound track-record of shipping products
* Great design, coding and debugging skills with emphasis on system level programming
* Good understanding of fundamental OS concepts
* Willingness to learn, and a proactive and positive attitude
* Strong communications/customer interfacing skill and the ability to deal with ambiguity and prioritize issues
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
* Creating feature specifications in co-ordination with your feature crew
* Building prototypes and driving architectural design to meet target performance goals
* Improving the fundamentals of the platform
* Assess standard accessibility criteria for apps and work with partner teams to ensure compliance
Develop debugging capabilities to promote rapid action on bugs that span multiple team's technologies
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.