Security Clearance Requirements: Candidates must be able to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
* Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
* Candidates must be willing to obtain and maintain a TS clearance.
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
The OneDrive/SharePoint group needs you as we tackle deep technical challenges to transition our core productivity apps to the mobile first, cloud first world! We have several positions available at our company headquarters in Redmond, WA and we need Software Engineers with a wide range of skills & experiences.
About our group: we're building the next revolution in cloud computing and work on a product that millions of people use every day. The SharePoint Online group is revolutionizing cloud storage, team collaboration, and information sharing for consumers and enterprises. We are a large and fast-growing service with a passionate customer base, large developer ecosystem, and extensive partnerships across Azure and Office365. We are a quality focused team that ships innovation daily and uses data driven decision making to run a trustworthy, massively scalable service that delights customers.
We are looking for Engineers who have the desire and drive to work in a fast-paced environment, the architectural skills to build durable platforms, the curiosity to seek out innovative solutions, the agility to work on a broad range of features, and a passion for delighting the customer.
* 6+ years of software development experience on a large codebase, shipping commercial products or internet-scale services
* 6+ years of programming expertise in C++, C#, Java, or other OOP language(s)
* BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
* Excellent hands-on design, coding and debugging skills
* Track record of driving projects independently, taking calculated smart risks and executing on them successfully
* Desire to operate in an agile development environment
* Experience with cloud technologies and/or cloud services a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
In this role:
* You will be working on components within the SharePoint Online infrastructure, such as SharePoint data store, capacity management, performance, authentication, networking and much more.
* You could also be responsible for building the service fabric and engineering ecosystem for SharePoint Online, which include fully automated datacenter management, continuous worldwide delivery, Azure integration, and optimizing scalability and latency.
* You'll be designing and implementing features using service-oriented architecture to run at massive scale with industry-leading reliability.
* You be working in a collaborative environment with teams of Engineers building a cool cloud service
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.