Microsoft has made an enormous bet on delivering a modern data platform across both on-premises and Cloud. It powers innovation in every industry, facilitates breakthrough scientific and medical research, and underpins intelligent applications that are changing the way we live. Enterprise customers are using these platforms to disrupt markets and transform their existing businesses. Today Microsoft is considered a leader when it comes to the innovation in the data platform capabilities. We enabled it by delivering breakthrough product innovations and experiences. SQL on Linux, use of Kubernetes for deployment, our investment in distributed query processing and hybrid are few examples of such innovations that came in the last few years.
Microsoft SQL Server team is looking for people to help define and implement the next set of technologies to tackle the state-of-the-art enterprise problems with SQL Server big data cluster. If you are interested in improving & operationalizing the big data stack components like Spark, HDFS on Kubernetes, SQL Server team would offer you exciting opportunities to tackle technical challenges in these areas. You will have the chance to dive deep and improve the most popular open source big data projects with the community. You will also work closely with our traditional database experts in SQL Server to add big data query capabilities to SQL Server. Our vision is to deliver the best big data analytics and machine learning platform, on premise and in the cloud.
Do you have these skills and experience?
* MS in Computer Science (or equivalent)
* 5-7 years of hands on software development
* 5+ years' experience C/C++/C#/Java/Scala/Python coding skills
* 3+ years' experience in Big Data/Hadoop/Spark technologies
Any experience you have with these things is a bonus:
* Experience with both Windows and Linux
* Design and development experience in database engines, distributed systems, cloud computing, container technology, and operating system internals
* 3+ years of hands on operating systems development experience
* Ph.D. in Computer Science (or equivalent)
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Here's a little introduction to our team:
* We spend our days collaborating with, teaching, and learning from a diverse set of world class engineers.
* We develop, test, and check code in every day.
* We are obsessed with customers and make data-driven decisions using telemetry collected from customers and production systems.
* We take time to build the engineering systems that allow us to focus on new problems and reduce overhead.
* We look for opportunities to use existing technologies and open source.
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.