What if your job description were simply "Make tomorrow better?" That's the essence of roles within our Bing Team. Every day, we bring an insatiable curiosity to the table, challenging ourselves to reimagine what is and what can be. We build on what's come before to create what's next. We drive machine intelligence. We help shape the future. We empower billions of people around the globe.
Bing is working to create an industry-leading search engine. We're extremely proud of what we've achieved in a short time but realize there's so much more to do to gain user mindshare! From developing gorgeous UX experiences, to powering innovative information retrieval technologies via cutting edge Machine Learning (ML) techniques, to squeezing every last bit of performance to reduce latency of serving results, we offer opportunities for all types of developers, whether you're a frontend wiz, prefer full-stack development or a hardcode backend guru. Our projects span the full range of experiences that are critical to a search engine product, from mapping & local, to visual & image/ video search to relevance algorithms to web crawling and everything in between. And within most projects, there's opportunity to explore both feature work and platform development all while laying a sound foundational infrastructure that puts our users and live site first.
We're looking to hire talented engineers with strong development backgrounds, a data driven approach to problem solving, results oriented mindset and a track record for delivering great products. If you take pride in your work, want to grow both technically and professionally, are excited about working in a fast-pace, dynamic environment and, perhaps most importantly, motivated to work on a product that's used by nearly 500 million users worldwide, then this is the place for you!
* 4+ years of professional software design, development, and shipping experience
* 4+ years of industry development experience using C++,C#, Java or other OOP languages
* BS in computer science or relevant engineering
* Track of record of shipping high quality features/ products
* Passion for product excellence coupled with strong engineering fundamentals
* Experience in distributed systems and platforms
* Experience in information retrieval, machine learning and natural language processing
* Experience with big data and sophisticated data mining and analysis
By applying to this position, you are being considered for multiple like positions within our organization for an invitation-only Interview Day at our Redmond campus on Monday, August 12th, 2019. Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Deliver, design and implement new technical architecture
* Troubleshoot and debug production issues
* Collaborate and communicate with senior technical leaders and researchers across teams, both inside and outside the division
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.