Microsoft Teams is the fastest growing Enterprise communication system. It is the hub for Office 365 products. You can find more info about Teams at https://products.office.com/en-US/microsoft-teams/group-chat-software. As a part of Modern Workplace Verticals, we are bringing this modern communication tool to multiple industries e.g., Healthcare, FinServ etc by delivering solutions for industry specific scenarios, such as patient care coordination, TeleAdvisor, Object centric experiences etc. Our culture is inclusive, casual and high energy; our team members come from diverse backgrounds and grounded in our customer needs. This is a fantastic opportunity to build services and experiences that millions of people worldwide will use at home, at school, at work, and across their lives. This space is going through rapid growth. People can learn new technologies and grow their career quickly. We work on a varied set of challenges spanning many computer engineering domains: user experience, high availability services, security, machine learning, artificial intelligence, big data, developer ecosystem etc. And we leverage lots of cutting-edge open source technologies in our stack.
Successful candidates will exhibit various attributes that will enhance their ability to succeed in these various positions:
* Technical Excellence - Technical excellence is at the heart of software engineering. This is demonstrating a passion for technology and the engineering craft, a curiosity to 'go deep', being able to quickly learn and build upon past experiences and being able to extrapolate from those experiences and deliver innovation. Technical excellence is rooted in demonstrating a strong aptitude for problem solving.
* Customer Focus - We are nothing without our customers. A focus on delivering customer value and being able to directly tie engineering decisions and actions to that value is a huge plus for successful engineers at any level.
* Drive for Results - Being able to drive for results - not merely finding the boundary of your responsibility - but following a problem through to its conclusion, to solve it once and for all, is a skill and capability that successful engineers exhibit.
* Collaboration - As most engineering is about working with others, both within an immediate team and across business units within Microsoft, effective collaboration is a core competency for all of our engineers.
Qualified candidates will have a bachelor's degree and the equivalent of 5+ years' experience working in a software engineering environment. Experience in building large scale micro services and full stack expertise is a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Design and implement new features and provide input to improve existing features and designs
* Listen to customer and leverage insights to build high-quality experiences and services people love to use
* Collaborate with others to develop, evolve and improve experiences and services used by hundreds of millions of people
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.