Microsoft Cloud Operations + Innovation (CO+I) is the team behind building the Microsoft cloud. Within CO+I, the Business Operations and System Engineering (BOSE) team is responsible for delivering datacenter capacity for Microsoft's cloud business. We have a portfolio of complex, multi-disciplinary, multi-million, multi-year datacenter construction and lease projects with specific safety, quality, schedule and cost goals.
The BOSE Engineering team is responsible for architecting, designing and building the next generation of connected systems and tools using microservices architecture to help manage and support critical business functions such as Cost, Schedule, Commissioning, Procurement, Safety, Planning etc. in a real time manner. The team has a charter to deliver against the NorthStar goal of building robust automation for these functions through well engineered systems and at the same time design and build the next gen, ML based, recommendation engine to enable cost and schedule modeling, supply planning, execution planning etc. while integrating with the bigger CO+I ecosystem.
* 7+ years of software development experience shipping production apps or services using the .NET/Azure stack.
* B.S. in Computer Science or related engineering field
* Software development experience in any two of the following areas: Web and API development (.NET stack), UX technologies (node.js etc.), SQL Azure, SQL DW, Dynamics365
* Experience working through the full product cycle from initial design to rapid production deployment
* Experience with shipping software products across multiple platforms/devices
* Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills
* Ability to incorporate and understand the needs of our diverse customer base, including customers using assistive technology
* Experience with unit testing, mocking, and dependency injection frameworks
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Our Systems Engineering team delivers innovative solutions to address the automation needs to scale our delivery capabilities. We are looking for a passionate, high energy individual contributors to deliver automation capabilities that power the long-range execution planning efforts, drive workflow improvements and build solutions to assist in the delivery of large scale data centers through efficient management of cost and schedule. If you want to work with a motivated team of engineers from various disciplines, if working on a V1 product/release and related challenges excite you and if you want to build the foundation of the cloud delivery experience, look no further. If you are passionate about being part of the delivery of engineering solutions enabling Microsoft's cloud infrastructure, this is for you.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.