At Microsoft, our mission is to empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. That's what inspires us, drives our work and pushes us to challenge the status quo every day. The Identity division in Cloud + AI delivers world class authentication and authorization services for the Microsoft cloud. Azure Active Directory is the identity platform for Azure and Office 365 and is one of the widely used and fastest growing service across Microsoft. By using Azure Active Directory, organizations are empowered to offer their employees and partners access to applications, data and resources in a secure and controlled way, from virtually anywhere.
The Authorization team within the Identity division is kick starting a new team to help build brand new access control services. We are looking for an experienced software engineer who is passionate about identity, access control, security and performance to take our version 1 of the service to market. Our existing authorization services handle over 1 million authorization requests per minute from our data centers worldwide, we know how to engineer for the cloud. We are a local group of supportive team players, working on critical and strategic projects involving high-performance design, coding, and optimization work in a fast-paced agile development environment. We regularly collaborate with other seasoned engineers across Microsoft while learning a ton and working on a variety of technologies. We embrace a culture which is customer focused, delivers continuously, drives engineering excellence, is collaborative, inclusive, fun loving and iterative.
* 7+ years of industry or related experience developing, testing, and maintaining online services
* Undergraduate or Graduate degree in Computer Science or related Engineering discipline
* Fluency in a modern programming language, C# preferred, but C/C++/Java acceptable
* Experience with access control and security a plus
* Strong coding, debugging and problem-solving skills
* Passion for reducing customer pain points and simplifying API/GUI experiences
* Willingness to communicate and collaborate across a broader team
* Able to deal with ambiguity, appetite for risk and influence team members and leaders in a collaborative and inclusive manner
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Designing and coding new components for new authorization services
* Maintaining, scaling and optimizing high scale cloud services
* Running the "live site", testing and debugging in production
* Experimentation at scale
* Big data analysis on service telemetry
* Threat modelling and penetration testing
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.