Innovative, agile, technically fearless, and building for scale - that's us. We are building a world-class system to automatically plan and execute all the end-of-life processes for hardware - improving the execution of Decommissioning for all Microsoft cloud-based products company-wide. Everything from obtaining replacement capacity, migrating workloads, and ultimately getting the hardware out of the data centers. Our solutions orchestrate and coordinate with systems and processes across many teams in Microsoft - creating and driving clean API's across them. We acknowledge that the world will never be perfect, so our systems deal with it. Hence, we build systems that are dynamic, highly automated, and easy to operate.
* 5+ years of experience designing and developing software in distributed, cloud-based systems.
* Strong in C# or Java.
* Proficient in one or more scripting languages
* Strong in Relational Databases and SQL including understanding how the DB Engine works.
* Strong OO and Systems design and architecture skills coupled with a strong delivery focus
* Ability to balance digging in the details and tracking the big picture
* Focus on solving customer and business problems
* Ability to deliver results despite ambiguity in the requirements and the environment
* Ability to quickly learn on the job - concepts, processes, technologies
* Strong problem solving and debugging skills
* Proficiency in standard web-based systems is a big plus
* Proficiency in non-relational stores a big plus.
* Proven track record of design and technical accomplishment
* MS or PhD in Computer Science preferred but not required
* Strong operator: strong track record in operating in addition to building solutions
* Data driven including strong ability to dissect, analyze, and draw conclusion from disparate data sources
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
We are a tech team with a high business focus. Our processes are agile - adapting to changes and discoveries and delivering incremental value as soon as practical. We partner with many teams across our immediate group and across all Microsoft to leverage each other's area of expertise. Joining us, you will touch every Engineering group in Microsoft such as Azure, Office365, Exchange, Bing, Windows, and Xbox.
We are looking for Senior software engineers who are passionate about solving large messy business problems at scale with technology. You must be comfortable working in a start-up/v1 effort, like to deliver value incrementally in a continuous learning environment. You should face the world with a combination of hard-nosed realism and clear-eyed optimism that you can make substantial impact. We are keenly interested in engineers familiar with distributed systems, strong background in coding and software design, debugging, and operations experience.
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.