The Azure Cloud Supply Chain & Provisioning engineering team builds the services and UIs that literally fuels cloud growth. We ensure Microsoft's cloud data centers are properly seeded with all types of hardware required to meet Microsoft's growing and varied customer needs.
We've built a highly asynchronous, event driven, distributed microservices platform that automates weeks long business and physical processes and reacts to changes that happens during those weeks. To deliver on the customer promise of the infinite cloud, we're looking for people to push this architecture further into the following areas:
* Continuing automation of human operated tasks
* More systems detection of task completion
* Automatic prioritization of tasks and resource allocations
* Advance change detection and self-healing
* Creation and application of machine learning on how to better optimize various processes
We're always rapidly improving together through frequent iterative ship cycles, data-driven development and a close customer and partner connection.
* BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field
* 5 years of experience as a Software Engineer with experience in C#, C++ or Java
* Strong coding, debugging and problem-solving skills
* Hands on experience building and maintaining REST microservices using NoSQL storage
* Familiarity with distributed systems and event driven architectures
* Great communication skills to collaborate cross-group and work effectively within the team
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Learning quickly from your peers, projects and interactions with customers
* Work with customers and business partners to understand requirements and propose solutions.
* Delivering well tested features across 10+ services and other components
* Maintaining services as they scale
* Collaborate and mentor other engineers across the team on engineering efforts that and reduce project risks.
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.