Consumer Sales and Marketing Engineering is the primary engineering partner for the Microsoft Stores and Microsoft Consumer business. We're the engineering team that builds the technologies that enables our stores to be the public face of Microsoft, where every individual, community, and business can directly experience all that's possible with Microsoft.
Microsoft Retail Stores has an opening for a senior software engineer that will be responsible for developing applications that will span our digital and physical stores. You will be responsible for driving the design, development and implementation of asset management for store operations. As part of your work, you will contribute to digitally transform stores and be part of success of over 100 stores across the world and empower store associates to deliver the best service to customers. We are looking for someone that has a passion to help shape our omnichannel experience and help promote the Microsoft brand by delivering best in-class store experiences.
Knowledge, experience and skills:
* 6+ years of software engineering experience.
* Experience working through full product cycles from initial design to final product and shipping on time.
* Development skills in C# or C++ design and coding.
Describe the ideal candidate:
* A passion for building high performing software solutions
* Solid written/verbal communications skills and excellent problem-solving skills
* Experience with Continuous Delivery practices, TDD.
* Proven experience managing ambiguity from incubation to actual product delivery
* Exposure to cloud technology stacks such as offerings from Microsoft, Amazon, or Google.
* Experience with modern engineering practices (Automated unit testing, A/B testing, feature flighting, API versioning).
* Desire to coach less experienced team members.
* BS/MSc in Computer Science or equivalent
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Work collaboratively with a team of diverse and talented peers and foster an environment where group success outweighs individual success.
* Provide quality input on peer code reviews and architectural designs.
* Provide influence on schedule, feature, and product designs.
* Own accurate costing for your engineering activities and execute with high accountability to schedule and quality.
* Operate in a DevOps model while engaging modern engineering practices.
* Design and Develop secure, maintainable, accessible, and scalable systems by ensuring the services and the components are: well-defined and modularized, secure, reliable, diagnosable, actively monitored and reusable.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.