Do you like working on the edge of the latest technology in hardware and system architecture? Are you passionate about advancing technology in a gaming console via new innovations in hardware or software? The Xbox OS team is at the forefront of delivering the industry's best platform and experiences for both gamers and game developers. We work closely with industry leaders across hardware, software, services and our 1st and 3rd party game studios to ensure Microsoft's platforms are designed and optimized to meet the needs of our players on the Xbox console and also Windows PC.
Must have qualifications:
* 5+ years of software development experience
* Strong debugging skills
* Excellent design and coding skills in C/C++
* Demonstrated technical excellence and commitment to quality
* Passion for delighting customers and developers with quality experiences
* Flexible, self-motivated, team player
* Ability to quickly learn on the job - concepts, processes, technologies
* Ability to work across teams, organizations and functional areas to deliver end to end solutions
* Ability to deliver results despite ambiguity in the requirements and the environment
* Experience in kernel mode development or virtualization technology
* Passion for system performance
* Hardware knowledge
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
There are ample opportunities in the Xbox OS team and as long as you bring the willingness and passion to build great solutions that are delighting our customers you will be successful. We are looking for an exceptional Software Engineer to join our team. The responsibilities range from developing and improving integral parts of the OS used in Xbox consoles to working on system performance issues. There will also be opportunities for management or leader roles depending on the candidate.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.