Are you passionate about intuitive, dependable development tools, platforms and services which are used by developers around the world every day? Do you have a passion for enabling developers to deliver high quality, coherent systems leveraging Microsoft's Azure cloud platform?
The Azure SDKs have grown and evolved with the various products and features offered through Azure services. These SDKs are used by developers worldwide to develop on Azure. The Azure Development Platform team is being assembled with the purpose of streamlining the way the SDKs are organized and architected as well as how they are released to developers. This open source SDK platform will grow to encompass the breadth of the Azure ecosystem. As part of this effort we are creating a first class engineering system and a team behind it that will enable continuous delivery of our SDK packages in conjunction with Azure services across all languages and platforms.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
* 3+ years experience in software engineering
A strong candidate will also exhibit some or all of the following characteristics:
* Experience developing and releasing mobile libraries for Android and/or iOS
* Experience working on services built in Azure or large applications heavily leveraging Azure
* Experience working on open source projects
* Experience delivering engineering systems that support medium to large scale teams
* A self-starter that can drive clarity of ambiguous requirements for systems that will make our developers and our platform successful
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Establishing source control, build, and release systems for each of the supported languages and platform targets which enable rapid release cadences
* Enabling strategies for unit testing against recorded traffic, live testing against multiple cloud environments, and performance and reliability monitoring
* Automating various compliance and signoff activities
If you are passionate about developers, engineering systems, open source, and the cloud, this is the role for you! Come join us as we make Azure features more accessible to developers through the SDKs we deliver.
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.