The Azure Storage team is currently chartered with building, managing, and running the Persistent Cloud Storage for Microsoft Azure Cloud. We are one of the foundational services in the Azure Cloud. This service hosts data from some of the largest companies in the world plus supports all of Microsoft's largest online businesses including Xbox, One Drive, Skype and Bing, and has scaled to store exabytes of customer data with a roadmap for continued future growth as an industry leader.
* passion for large scale storage system
* 3+ years of experience with multi-threaded/parallel programming
* 3+ years of experience building scalable and distributed services
* excellence in software engineering practices, coding and solid foundation in data structures, algorithms with strong testing, debugging and analytical skills
* proven ability to plan, schedule and deliver quality software
* big plus for experience of practicing formal methods (e.g., TLA+) in specifying distributed protocols and systems
* big plus for experiences with distributed algorithms (e.g., consensus/Paxos, replication, transaction, consistency, etc.)
* big plus for knowledge and experience with erasure coding technologies in storage
* modern C++ a plus
* 3+ years of experience in developing with C++, C# or Java
* BS/MS/PhD in computer science or related engineering fields
Cloud Background check:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
We are now looking for passionate engineers to join us, develop and ship key components in Project Giza, which applies erasure coding technology across geographically distributed data centers to drastically improve storage efficiency while ensuring data durability in the event of a complete regional outage or a disaster.
* We practice state-of-the-art distributed algorithms (e.g., consensus/Paxos, replication, transaction, consistency, etc.) in one of the world's biggest cloud storage systems. If you have similar experience / desire, we'd love to talk to you.
* Please see the Giza paper at USENIX ATC 2017 for a glimpse of Project Giza.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.