Applications need network connectivity. They need to be able to reliably transfer large amounts of data in the face of unreliable network connectivity and limited battery life. They need to be able to choose between sockets, WebSockets, Http and system networking services for their communication according to their needs. They are RESTful or they use SOAP.
We provide the APIs and infrastructure that Windows applications need to do all of the above. We also provide cloud services that enhance the networking experience for applications and users. We have the privilege of doing work spanning from low level networking and OS internals in C++ to hosting cloud services in Azure using C# and ASP.NET.
The ideal candidate is an experienced engineer who has a passion for OS internals and networking. As an engineer for this critical set of capabilities, you will be working to continually enhance network performance, drive and adopt new networking standards, and ensure that our components track the rapid evolution of the Windows operating system itself. For the kind of technology this team works on, milliseconds matter, and correctness and attention to cost is critical.
* BS Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
* 7+ years of experience building and shipping high performance and scalable software in C++ or C#
* Passion for iterative development, and ability to design for robustness, longevity, and extensibility across releases
* Experience with networking APIs
* Design and development experience with distributed systems and operating systems
* Previous design and development experience with scalable cloud services
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
* Write clean well thought out code with an emphasis on quality, performance, simplicity, scalability, and maintainability
* Provide critical thinking, technical innovation, and attention to detail
* Execute on the team approach to Software Engineering by designing, coding, test automation, testing, debugging, building, and deploying.
* Use telemetry to improve the features
* Gain a deep understanding of Microsoft businesses and collaborate with multiple client partner teams to implement cohesive end-to-end experiences for our customers.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.