Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates. We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Do you wish to work on cutting edge data and microservices technologies, empowering Microsoft to achieve more with data? The Big Data and Unified Telemetry Platform teams in Core Services Engineering and Operations offer big data and telemetry platform and services that power data driven scenarios and analytics across the Core Services Engineering organization. Our team works on building key telemetry services and predictive and proactive data analytics tools to support powerful batch data processing and streaming compute, systems alerting/monitoring and analytics capabilities with rich data visualizations to support reporting across all disciplines. Our team works on a wide variety of technologies like Azure Data Lake, Cosmos, Azure Service Fabric, Application insights, Azure Data Explorer and PowerBI based visualizations. We have agile development processes to continuously deploy and improve our features
BS in Computer Science, related degree or equivalent experience is desirable
* 5+ years of software development experience - Great customer focus
* Experience with object-oriented design, coding, testing patterns, and programming languages (C#)
* Experience with unit-testing and test-driven development
* Good communication and cross-team collaboration skills
* Experience building scalable products on top of distributed systems
* Experience with Application Insights, Azure Automation,and Azure Serverless computing is preferred
* Experience building Enterprise-scale products and services
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* To design and implement new features as well as to provide input to improve existing features and designs for our telemetry and analytics platform
* To review functional, design, and test specs and to ensure high-quality features are delivered that satisfy our customer's needs
* To integrate optics for reliability, performance and usage patterns with our existing telemetry systems
* To support and evaluate reliability and performance of critical scenarios and features in live services
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.