Hundreds and hundreds of millions of devices run Windows, and they all have to be kept up to date. Whether that device is a Desktop or a Server down through Hololens, IoT or other devices. With Windows-as-a-Service being one of the core Windows 10 priorities, it's essential that we make this experience as smooth and reliable as possible.
Our team creates and maintains deployment solutions that update every Windows 10 device on the planet to the latest version. We also enable OEMs to efficiently deploy Windows 10 on new devices and we enable Enterprises IT admins to effectively deploy Windows 10 to their organization. Reducing Install time and reducing Update download size while increasing customer satisfaction is our primary focus and passion.
* 5+ years of demonstrated experience in software design
* Track record of shipping multiple commercial software products over multiple releases
* Strong experience with C/C++ or other systems programming languages (experience with Win32 or OS development a plus)
* Experience with Operating Systems fundamentals and systems-level
* Knowledge of OS internals and architecture
* Strong debugging skills
* Ability to quickly learn new technologies
* Strong written and oral communication and collaboration skills, ability to collaborate effectively in team, across teams and with management and other disciplines
* Demonstrated ability to plan, schedule, and deliver software on time
* Ability to resolve ambiguities effectively, prioritize and drive projects to completion, prioritize between multiple needs and adapt to changing circumstances.
* BS or MS in computer science, related degree, or equivalent experience
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These
requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
We are looking for an experienced developer to join the team and help deliver end-to-end customer-facing solutions for managing the OS for a new generation of devices and re-think the update model to be as fast and worry-free as possible. You'll get a chance to work with engineers from across the org, building new products or trying to build a deployment solution for their feature, and get a unique perspective into the product lifecycle from initial stages to post-release. In this role, you will be expected to take on technical leadership roles and drive scenarios across teams, sometimes in unfamiliar domains. While we're moving fast, we are in this for the long haul so we like working with people who are passionate about quality in the products they build and have pride in their work, relentlessly improving, and helping those around you learn and grow.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.