Are you passionate about building and improving highly available services, used by hundreds of millions of users every day? Microsoft's Identity Division is at the center of Microsoft's cloud strategy; we build and operate authentication and authorization services that are used by the millions of Windows, Office, Xbox, and Azure users worldwide. Our services are the first point of contact for all Microsoft customers, and without them our users cannot connect to the services they need to achieve more. For us, downtime and outages are never an option.
The Authentication Resilience team builds services and technologies to ensure that the identity stack is always up and running and users can always log in. We drive towards 99.99% availability and beyond by hardening authentication and building redundancies at all layers of the identity stack. We work with services across Microsoft and provide features and libraries to improve reliability and safety nets to minimize the impact of any possible issues, so that our shared customers can remain productive and secure.
We are a collaborative, closely-knit team with an agile customer-driven mentality. We are looking for an experienced engineer with a passion for building reliable, scalable, distributed systems and the desire to anticipate and prevent issues before they occur.
* BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
* 5+ years of software industry experience
* Proficiency in object-oriented programming languages like C#, C++, or Java
* Experience developing and servicing complex and highly available distributed systems
* Strong collaborative and interpersonal communication skills
* Passion for delivering high quality software that is maintainable, testable, resilient, and scalable
* Knowledge and understanding of the software development life cycle
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check every two years
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Act as a technical leader to help drive the design and implementation of creative solutions to complex problems
* Collaborate with colleagues within Identity and throughout Microsoft to deliver customer-facing features that improve availability and security
* Debug issues in production and respond to them quickly to mitigate customer impact
* Approach difficult problems with open-mindedness, building services and features that meet complex technical, security, and standards requirements
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.