Microsoft 365 is a key part of the company's cloud strategy and overall mission of empowering people and organizations to achieve more. As part of the customer journey to the cloud there are times when they need to reach out to seek help from Microsoft and that's where our team steps in to make sure that the customer support experience is best in class. Our team is responsible for the admin/enduser experiencs and support ecosystem starting from M365 admin portal , support entry point experiences across Windows and Office, AI driven self-help, support agent tooling, diagnostics and making sure telemetry is readily available to all of engineering to continuously drive product improvements. Our team is full of people who have truly embraced a growth mindset, is not afraid to make mistakes, believes in doing and are obsessed about providing our customers the best support experience possible.
We are looking for a highly motivated developer with strong technical background to help drive the self-help and diagnostics story around Windows platform. Key areas of ownership include designing and implementing Windows diagnostics APIs and components (shipped as part of Windows), building high scale cloud web services to manage different diagnostics capabilities, as well as integrating with other AI based micro services to provide Windows users the best diagnostics and trouble shooting experiences for Windows 10 users via our UWP app. The candidate also need to collaborate with other Windows core teams to enable new scenarios. This is a huge area which requires great technical depth and strong ownership.
* Bachelor (or higher) degree in computer science or related areas.
* 5+ years of industry experience in building high performance software components.
* 3+ years of C, C++ and C# experience.
* Deep knowledge about Windows platform, including Win32 APIs, and Windows services.
* Great collaboration skills and growth mindset.
* Great knowledge about cloud compute and sotrage is a big plus.
* Experience in building UWP apps will also be beneficial for the role.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role.
These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
1. Build Windows diagnsotics APIs and subsystems to enable customer self help and self healing.
2. Own and drive cloud services as well as integrating with our AI micro services to enable scenarios by working with our UWP dev closely.
3. Drive performance improvements, metrics tracking, and live site handling to enable best customer experience.
4. Collaborate with other core Windows teams on scheduling and roadmap to solve complex scenarios.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.