The Messaging Services team runs and maintains the core services that accept and process all our customers e-mail. Providing software that is able to protect against phishing and impersonation attacks, right through ensuring attachments are safe, and preventing data leakage. If your software doesn't work, then customers don't get email - it's that simple.
We are looking for senior software engineers to help us develop both e-mail delivery and processing aspects of our platform, implementing new ideas to ensure we protect our customers from outside attacks, and reputation damage from within. The team works broadly across a number of different areas, including:
* Understanding e-mail and how to parse one * Content scanning * URL and domain security * Core performance in a highly scalable java application
Ideal candidates will share a passion for tackling complexity with simplicity and building platforms that can scale massively and are not afraid of exploring unconventional solutions. We want people who are going to complement the team, and bring new perspectives on our problems, or bring valuable prior experience; the right attitude to our challenges is key
* Java 11 (Core) * Micro-service architecture * RESTful services * TCP sockets * High concurrency and threading * Puppet * Linux * Postgres DB
What will this role accomplish:
* Building high-performance, massively-scalable, always-available Cloud-based systems. * Participating in the architectural design, innovation and development of new services within the Mimecast platform. * Developing, deploying and managing software across the full Continuous Delivery life-cycle. * Supporting and trouble-shooting, occasionally outside of regular office hours when needed. * Work with the infrastructure team to optimize hardware and software integration. * Plan and negotiate with peers to meet deadlines. * Encourage others to perform at their best embracing 'best practice'. * Manage your own time and priorities, without the need for micro-management.
* Solid experience with high concurrency applications, multithreading, server architectures, and distributed systems * Experience working with high volume usercount or transactional systems * Experience working on business critical software * Modern Core Java 8 or proven experience in any Object Oriented language * Knowledge developing and debugging distributed applications * Understanding and practical application of unit testing and integration testing * Understanding of continuous deployment using CI/CD tools like Jenkins, SCM (Git, SVN) along with code reviews * Due to the nature of this role's responsibilities, you must be authorized to work in the U.S. to be considered a candidate.
Desirable, but Not Required:
* Experience with network programming including REST, HTTP and raw TCP/IP sockets * Extensive knowledge of email messaging, not just sending using SMTP * Lucene * Regex's * Text based analysis * Experience of high throughput, low latency systems * Extensive Linux/Unix skills (e.g. RHCE, LPIC, or practical experience) * Experience of working in a DevOps model * Experience of working as part of a SaaS solution
We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including private healthcare, dental and life coverage. Mimecast is an entrepreneurial and high growth company which will provide the right candidate with a wealth of career development opportunities. All Mimecasters strive on being high performers, problem solvers, and team players with passion and integrity.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.